How can I support my child's education?
(Source: Forsyth (GA) County Schools’ Parent Pyramid of Interventions)
- Read to and with your child every day.
- Obtain a library card and visit the library often.
- Ask your child about his/her school day.
- Monitor and help with homework.
- Initiate a communication with your child’s teacher, regardless of performance.
- Ask for a conference if you notice that your child is experiencing difficulties.
- Praise your child for good work and progress.
- Maintain regular communication with your child’s teacher.
- Attend Curriculum Night and other school-sponsored events.
- Assist your child with preparation for the school day – school attendance, breakfast, adequate sleep.