Rising 6th Grader Information
Please visit Renfroepta.org to learn a little about what your Renfroe PTA supports! There are many ways to get involved, please use this form to indicate interests. Feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions, concerns or to connect with a current RMS parent. Thank you!
Rising 6th Grade Parent Webinar: Please click here to view this recorded event.
World Language: Beginning in the 6th grade, students have the choice of taking Spanish, French, or German. Students will learn communication skills in regards to the Self, Family, Food, School Day and Community. Please have the conversation with your child now about their choice for World Language. In the next week or two, all rising 6th graders will complete a google form in school indicating their choice. RMS administration will confirm all student choices via email over the summer. Questions about World Language? Email Kelsey Ulm, Department Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Band, Chorus, and Orchestra: Renfroe has an amazing music department! Band, Chorus and Orchestra are different from the other connections classes we offer in that taking them is a full year commitment, rather than a 12-week course. Students must sign up for these classes, as they are not assigned. Students registering for these classes do not have to have prior music training or know how to read music. There will be an instrument selection period at the beginning of the year, so Band and Orchestra students can make decisions about what instrument they like and play the best.
For questions and to sign up for either Band, Chorus, or Orchestra, use the links below:
If that’s not enough, the music department will host its own webinar on Wednesday, May 12th at 6:30 PM to answer any questions you may have. Here’s the link.
Other Important Information: For more information, please click HERE to access additional rising 6th grade orientation materials that we created last spring. For all other questions, email Ragan Hudson, 6th grade counselor at email@example.com, or Summer Clayton, 6th Grade Assistant Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is your rising 6th grader interested in running Cross Country at RMS in the Fall, 2021?
- Parent informational meeting will take place Thursday, August 5 at 7:00 pm via Zoom. Zoom details to follow.
- All students interested in participating in extracurricular athletics must have a completed DragonFly profile with updated medical information. * Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation Form * Concussion Awareness and Impact Test Form
- * GHSA Heat Policy Form
- * Insurance, Transportation and Consent Form
- This includes the following forms:
- Please visit the link provided HERE for directions. https://decaturbulldogsathletics.com/sports-forms/ If you have any questions about Dragonfly, contact David Harbin, Assistant Director of Activities and Athletics at email@example.com OR Kelli Aaron, Administrative Assistant for the Athletics Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALL forms must be uploaded in DragonFly on or before Friday, August 13, 2021 in order to try out for cross country. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Cross country tryouts will be held Thursday, August 19th from 4 pm - 5:30 pm
- 1st day of practice - Monday, August 23
- Practices will be held Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 4 - 5 pm at Winnona Park Elementary (back field)
- All of our meets are held on Saturdays (Meet schedule TBD... we will have 4-5 meets)
- Interested in preparing for RMS tryouts in the Fall? Please see the Summer Training Link
- Please contact the RMS cross country coaches with any questions: