2021 Glennwood Annual Read-a-Thon
Slide Into a Good Book
Glennwood Elementary's Read-a-Thon 2022
Raising funds and logging minutes is easy and can all be done virtually. Log into your account at https://glennwoodpta.org/ . Don’t have an account? No problem. Our Read-a-Thon site will have you logged on and setting up a campaign in minutes. Just go to https://glennwoodpta.org/peer-to-peer/ for easy, step-by-step instructions. If you need help logging in or creating a campaign, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Students can share their campaign site via email and/or on social media with friends and family who wish to sponsor and donate.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DATES
The Read-a-Thon will start at 3:00 pm on January 14th and end on the 24th. Minutes must be logged by 8:00 pm on January 24.
- The official kick-off will be on Saturday, January 15th at the Romp + Read on the Glennwood playground at 10 am.
- Students will log their minutes read outside of the school day on their Read-a-Thon campaign page. (*please note, any reading done during the school day does not count towards reading minutes).
- Anyone can donate to a student reader through the student’s campaign page or at our general donation page at https://glennwoodpta.org/peer-to-peer/ .
- Donations can be made per minute read or as a flat rate via the student's personal campaign page or at the general link shared above.
- Time spent reading after school on computer-based programs such as Raz Kids and Epic! can also count towards reading minutes.
- Students who create pledge pages on the website by January 13th will be entered into a drawing to receive a prize.
- A medal will be awarded to all readers who have read 12 hours or more during the Read-a-thon.
- Top earning student for each grade will receive a gift card to Little Shop of Stories.
- Top earning student for the whole school will also receive an award.
- The top reading class of each grade will receive an outdoor popsicle party with the Eagle.
- The top class will receive a prize and the glory of being Read-a-Thon champs!
- Participant prizes: Fun goodies will be awarded for participation.
If you have any questions about the fundraiser, please email Jen Lewin at email@example.com.
Thank you so much for your participation in this worthwhile event and your support for our school!