About our After School Program
After School Program
The After School Program (ASP) operates between 2:30 pm - 6:00 p.m. while following the City Schools of Decatur school calendar. In order to be eligible for the ASP students must be enrolled in the College Heights ECLC pre-K program. Parents must complete and submit an enrollment packet, along with a $50.00 registration fee, in order to be considered for the program. Available ASP spots are selected through a lottery process. College Heights ECLC maintains a waitlist for the ASP. Students will be offered spots throughout the year as they come available.
The ASP implements the SPARK Early Childhood Physical Activity Curriculum. Spark is a research-based, public health organization dedicated to creating, implementing, and evaluating programs that promote lifelong wellness. The focus of SPARK is to develop basic movement, manipulative, social, and personal skills at an early age. Children will have many opportunities to practice movement and object control skills while participating in moderate to vigorous physical activity. The SPARK curriculum has eight major objectives:
- To develop a variety of basic movement and manipulative skills so children will experience success and feel comfortable during physical activity pursuits.
- To develop positive social skills and the ability to get along with others in movement environments.
- To engage motor neurons that will lay the foundation for easier acquisition of skills later in life.
- To develop and maintain acceptable levels of physical fitness through increased moderate and vigorous physical activity.
- To increase kinesthetic awareness and be more confident and safe movers.
- To demonstrate improved problem solving and movement creativity while using a variety of manipulatives in many situations.
- To receive opportunities to interact with new stimuli and situations, thus broadening their experiences.
- To enjoy and seek out physical activity for lifelong wellness.
Students must have a completed registration packet on file prior to attending the ASP. The following must be received on site before the student can begin: completed registration enrollment form, tuition payment form, and registration fee. The tuition charge is as follows:
Full time $310/monthly
Part time $190 (2 days/week or less)
A two-week notice must be provided when withdrawing a student from the ASP. Students may re-enroll within the school year if space is available. A $50 re-registration fee will be required at the time of re-enrollment.
The ASP staff is experienced and trained in the areas of curriculum, health, and safety standards. Background checks are completed on each staff member prior to the first day of school. The ASP is directed by Ms. Elecia Fulton.
Please refer all questions, suggestions, and concerns to Ms. Fulton at email@example.com.