The faculty and staff need your assistance in providing a safe and efficient arrival and dismissal. We kindly request that you follow the procedures listed below:Arrival
- 7:30 Staff is available to receive students both in carpool and the cafeteria.
- 7:30 Breakfast opens and serves until 8:00.
- 7:30 Walkers - K students go directly to the media center and 1st and 2nd-grade students go directly to the auditorium.
Staff will be on duty to supervise students.
- 7:50 Students will be escorted to their classrooms by staff.
- 7:55 The faculty and staff request students arriving after this time enter through main office door.
Faculty and staff will supervise the hallways and ensure that students get to their classrooms. We are asking parents to allow their child to develop personal responsibility by allowing them to go to their class unassisted.
- 8:00 Students are tardy and must sign in at the main office.
Morning RoutinesIt is critical that students are in their classrooms by 8:00. After the first day, please allow your child to follow the school procedures. Our goal is to have all students take age appropriate responsibility for themselves. Teachers and students will practice these routines, thus maximizing instructional time. Your child needs to be on time and allowed to practice these routines.
Every class starts their day with a crew meeting. Many Georgia Common Core standards are covered during this period of time. When your child is late, they miss this instruction.DismissalPlease note that changes to your child's regular dismissal plan require a written note (best) or a phone call by 1:30 pm to the main office. Please do not send an email.
Van riders will wait by the main office until their van arrives.
- 2:30 End of day announcements
- 2:32 Students move to dismissal
- 2:35 Bus riders and Van (exit through the front door)
- 2:37 Car riders (exit through the cafeteria doorway)
- 2:40 Walkers (K-1 exit through main door, 2-3 exit lower floor) Parents meet their children outside the building.
- Animal Crackers (escorted to the cafeteria)
If you are checking out your child early, please come to the main office and we will call your child to the main office.