F.AVE Student Drop-Off and Pick-up
Getting students SAFELY to and from school is always a priority of the F.AVE staff and F.AVE families.
In order to be as safe as possible please be attentive to the following traffic guidelines and follow the directions of F.AVE staff who will help direct you (always keeping student safety first).
- The easiest option for getting to and from school is to ride a CSD School Bus.
- Walking or Rolling is also a good option.
- Car Riders - FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OF THE STAFF
- Use the horseshoe drive on Fifth Avenue - Make a RIGHT turn into the horseshoe and follow the directions of the staff.
- Have your student's belongings together and ready to exit the car.
- Pull as far forward as possible before your student exits the car.
- Follow the directions of the staff and exit RIGHT out of the horseshoe.
- Staff will ensure your student gets safely into the building.
- 15 Minute spots in front of the building are NOT for student drop-off.
OTHER DROP-OFF OPTIONS:
- On the F.AVE side of Oakview Road AFTER buses have left the lane
- Little Friendship Baptist Church (a block and a half south of F.AVE) drop off or park and walk
- In the neighborhoods surrounding F.AVE - be courteous and careful in the neighborhood - do not block driveways or mailboxes
Students may come into the building beginning at 7:20 AM. School begins at 7:45 AM. All 3rd grader walkers, bikers, and bus riders will enter at the front porch. 4th graders will enter the door by the cafeteria stairs. 5th graders and students in the Upper Building will enter by the four square court near the Falcon's Nest. Students will report directly to their classrooms.
Bus and car riders will be dismissed at 2:15 PM. 3rd grade bus riders will be dismissed a bit earlier than 4th & 5th bus riders. After the buses have all loaded, walkers and bike riders will be dismissed. 3rd grade walkers will exit by the front porch and will be called as parents arrive. Older siblings walking with 3rd graders should meet them at the front porch.