Greetings from Nurse Jen,
We are excited for the start to the 2020-21 school year and wanted to provide some important reminders as the year gets under way. We know this school year is beginning unlike any other and wanted to make sure students and families have what they need for a safe and healthy start.
In keeping with recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the CDC, we strongly recommend that children continue with routine well visits and immunizations. These visits serve several important purposes, including:
- tracking growth and development including milestones, social behaviors, and learning
- discussing any concerns about your child’s health, and
- getting scheduled vaccinations to prevent illnesses
In addition, if your child has any chronic medical conditions requiring a specialist’s care, please contact that provider to ensure they are current with all recommended visits.
We encourage families to be prepared in person learning with all necessary health requirements. These requirements include:
- A current Georgia 3231 Certificate of immunization record or completed Georgia Department of Health form 2208 (Affidavit of Religious Exemption to Immunization)
- If this is your child’s first year enrolled in a Georgia public school, a Georgia Department of Health form 3300 Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening is required
- If your child has a medical condition that will require treatment in school, a Care Plan is required from your child’s healthcare provider. These may include Asthma, Seizure or Diabetes Care Plans and must be updated yearly
- If your child will require medications at school, please be sure to follow the guidelines outlined in our District Handbook regarding Medications
Additional forms may be found at CSD Medical Forms
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Nurse Jen at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Wishing you all a safe and healthy school year!
I am Jen Eagle and I am so excited to be starting another year at Winnona Park! I graduated from NIU with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing. Before working as a school nurse, I pride myself with having a wide range of nursing expertise for over 20+years. I started my career in Chicago on the surgical floor and ended in Atlanta working in pediatrics at CHOA. I am most proud of my 4 children (all in CSD) and many times I use not only my valuable nursing knowledge, but my mom expertise in the role as the school nurse.
I hope for a healthy, happy and safe school year. I welcome any questions or concerns that you have.
Jen Eagle BSN, RN