For Youth Work Permits go to: https://www.dol.state.ga.us/WS4-MW5/cics.jsp?TRANSID=WP17&FRMNAME=WP17
(Work permits are only needed for students 15 years old or younger.)
Work Permit Procedure:
NOTE: When City Schools of Decatur is closed for breaks (1 week in April, June, July, November, and 2 weeks in December), work permits will not be issued by DHS but will be completed as soon as we have reopened after the break.
- Once the minor initiates and completes their Data Info portion(Section A), a code (MSK) is generated.
- The Employer uses that code to complete their section (B).
- Then the School Issuing Officer, Ms. Regina Shipp-Jones (email@example.com) should be informed of the MSK # by the Minor/Student or the Employee via email.
- The School Issuing Officer will then log-in to GDOL Portal to process the work permit.
- The School Issuing Officer will email the student/family of completion.