2023-2024 COVID Mitigation Information
The Facilities Department has implemented technology and protocols to counteract and minimize instances of COVID-19 proactively:
- Electrostatic fogger machines are deployed across all schools to amplify the application of disinfectant in restrooms throughout the school day.
- Hand sanitizers, disinfectant sprays, paper towels, and disposable face coverings are accessible and available to schools by request.
- Increased disinfection frequency is applied to frequently touched surfaces.
- All schools now feature water sensor-equipped drinking stations.
- Regular water circulation is scheduled in unoccupied buildings on a daily basis.
- HVAC units are fine-tuned to increase fresh air intake and maintain continuous operation when occupied.
- GPS HVAC ionizers are universally installed and operational in all school buildings.
- Special education classrooms are equipped with UV lights and air purifiers.
- The Transportation Department ensures buses are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between routes while also maximizing airflow by opening roof hatches when feasible.
- Restroom cleaning frequency during the school day is intensified through the use of Kaivak Machines.
- Air purifiers containing HEPA filters are not only replaced but also maintained within classroom spaces.
As COVID-19 remains a global concern, the City Schools of Decatur (CSD) wants to remind all students, staff, and families to please take precautions and remember to follow these critical measures to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus:
· Stay home when sick
· Cover coughs and sneezes with elbow/tissue and immediately throw it away
· Do not cover your mouth with bare hands
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
· Clean touched surfaces and objects frequently
Together, we can ensure the safety and well-being of all students, staff, and families.
Isolation and Precautions for People with COVID-19What to Do If You Were Exposed to COVID-19Symptoms of COVID-19Hand Washing EtiquetteCoughing and Sneezing Etiquette