Mathematics is a discipline that has lifelong implications and application. A comprehensive mathematics education is essential to achieve our goal of cultivating and nurturing critical thinkers who are ethical and inspired to make the world a better place.
- We believe that students become mathematically proficient when they develop both conceptual understanding and procedural fluency.
- We believe all students should be engaged in rigorous mathematics instruction.
- We believe that students should have agency in their mathematical learning
- We believe that students should leave City Schools of Decatur with mathematical instruction that has prepared them for future coursework and/or careers
- We believe that quality mathematics instruction is engaging, promotes productive struggle, includes opportunities for meaningful connections, is interactive, promotes a growth mindset, includes purposeful differentiation and that students should have the opportunity to experience the joy of mathematics.
Director of Math and Science, MTSS 6-12
Julie McFaddin, Ed.D
404-371-3601 X 1052