Welcome back for another school year! We are excited to announce that the CSD Nutrition Department will be offering meals at no cost to our students through the USDA Seamless Summer Option for the school year. This is a huge benefit to our students, who need quality nutrition in order to excel academically and socially.
School Year 2021/2022 Nutrition Parent Check List:
1. Complete the free and reduced lunch application, which is located inside of Infinite Campus.
IMPORTANT: We are asking all families who may qualify for free and reduced meals to apply online through Infinite Campus. Our schools receive important federal funding from processing these applications. It is critical that this information is updated yearly, despite offering meals at no cost to all students this year. Applications will be available starting on 7/20/21. Paper applications may be picked-up at your school site on the first day of school.
- Please apply here starting Friday, July 23: Infinite Campus Login - How do I get to the free and reduced meal application form
- Please click here to access the paper application. Free and Reduced Application Also, paper applicaitons will be available for pick-up at your school site on the first day of school.
2. Complete the Meal Participation Survey for your students.
Parent Survey for ALL Students: We are asking ALL parents/guardians to complete this google form to help us forecast for meal preparation. Please use the link below to select if your child will be eating with us this year. This is not a commitment, this information will be used to help us prepare to serve our students effectively.
3. Complete the special diet forms for your student if they have an allery or medical need that needs to be addressed by the nutrition department.
Special Dietary Needs: A special dietary need is one that requires medical documentation by filling out the form "Medical Statement for Accommodating Disabilities" linked in the files below. Some examples of special dietary needs are gluten-free, specific food allergies, texture modifications, etc. The form "Medical Statement for Accommodating Disabilities" must be filled out by a healthcare provider and returned to CSD School Nutrition and their school nurse. We must receive this completed paperwork before we can begin to make accomodations for any student.
The form "CSD Milk Substitution Form" can be filled out by a student's parent/guardian or their healthcare provider.
Our updated special diet procedure: In the past, students with food allergies or special dietary needs were handled by individual nurses and schools. As we move forward, we want to have documentation come to the School Nutrition Department so that we can ensure that we're tracking all of our students in the best way possible.
*Emailing our department without paperwork is not sufficient documentation. Please contact email@example.com with questions.