- Students will wash/disinfect their hands before and after physical education class.
- If weather permits, class should be conducted outside as much as possible. Identify multiple locations outside so you can adapt to conditions.
- Doors to the gym or classrooms should be open at the beginning of each period to ensure that students are not required to touch doors.
- Consider activities that require limited or no equipment.
- Incorporate movement activities that can be performed while maintaining appropriate spacing between students.
- Incorporate stations, circuits, zones to reduce the amount of close contact between students.
PE Restroom and Locker Usage
- NO locker rooms will be used for PE class.
- Students should plan to use the restroom by asking the teacher for permission during class.
- When using the restroom, students should use the nearest available location.
- Students should avoid using bathrooms during class transitions to avoid crowding except in emergencies.
- Each bathroom will be marked with its maximum capacity. If a student enters and finds the maximum number of students already present, the student should wait in the hallway for someone to exit.
- Students should remain socially distanced in line while waiting.