All individuals should know and screen for COVID-19 symptoms daily before entering a CSD facility. Staff members should complete a daily self-screener and parents will be asked to screen their students each day prior to reporting for in-person learning.
Parents must screen their child(ren) daily for COVID-19 symptoms. This document summarizes the daily screening steps that parents need to evaluate each morning before sending their child(ren) to school.
By sending their child(ren) to school, the parents are confirming that their child has cleared the COVID-19 screening criteria.
Protocol for Staff and Student Illness During the School Day
- Evaluation by School Nurse
- If a student presents with symptoms consistent with COVID-19, parents will be called for immediate pick-up
- The student will remain in the Get Well Soon room until picked up
- Notify supervisor to arrange supervision of students, if applicable
- Leave as soon as possible
- Contact healthcare provider
- If the staff member is unable to drive home, the principal or designee will contact their emergency contact or call 911 if appropriate