School Health Overview
The City Schools of Decatur School Health team provides services to assure the health, safety, and well-being of students and staff. Each CSD school has a Registered Nurse on-site to care for students.
CSD School Health roles include:
-assessing the health needs of students, providing care for ill and/or injured students, monitoring health records to assure immunization compliance, managing communicable disease outbreaks, administering medications and treatments to students with health conditions, and maintaining student health records.
-providing consultation on health issues related to Individualized Education Programs and Section 504 Accommodation Plans.
-collaborating with community health resources to provide health and wellness education and resources to address pediatric health and safety issues.
-conducting hearing, vision, and scoliosis screenings to identify and refer students at risk.
CSD School Health Team
- Clairemont Elementary School
- College Heights Early Childhood Learning Center
- Decatur High School
- Fifth Avenue Upper Elementary School
- Glennwood Elementary School
- Oakhurst Elementary School
- Renfroe Middle School
- Talley Street Upper Elementary School
- Westchester Elementary School
- Winnona Park Elementary School
- Holly Fletcher, RN
- Shonda Moore, MBA, BSN, RN
School Health Coordinator
Shonda Moore, MBA, BSN, RN
404-371-3601 x 2156