Equity and Student Services
Consistent with the District’s Strategic Priority to Reduce Disproportionality, the Department of Equity and Student Services is committed to understanding the root causes of disproportionality in CSD; providing input on discipline policies, practices, and culturally relevant pedagogy; engaging faculty and staff in cultural awareness and cultural proficiency professional learning activities; and strengthening family and community partnerships.
The Department also:
- Provides assistance to students, staff, and families through health services (nurses), evaluation and analysis (school psychologists), and academic support (Title Programs).
- Delivers prevention and intervention services (school counseling and social work).
- Addresses the needs of homeless students and families through the McKinney-Vento Act and supports the Decatur Student Center, housed at Decatur High School.
- Provides high interest, well-managed activities of exceptional quality to all students in City Schools of Decatur.
Have Questions, Ideas, or Concerns? Click here to get a response in less than 24-48 hours!
- Decatur Student Center
- Nurse Notes
- Equity Dashboard (CSD Equity Data)
- Equity: Equity FAQ's
- District and School Equity Teams
- Equity Resources for Educators, Parents, and Current Events
Associate Superintendent of Equity and Student Services
Dr. Lillie Huddleston
404-371-3601 x 1026
Administrative Assistant for Equity and Student Services
404-371-3601 x 1032
Executive Director of Student Services/Athletics and Activities Director
Student Success Director
Dianne Acuña (Thompson) Andree
404-371-3601 x 2147
Dr. Mari Ann Banks
404-371-3601 x 1029
Coordinator of 504 and School Psychology
Benjamin Knaebel, M.A. NCSP
404-371-3601 x 1062
Lead District Nurse
Shonda Moore, M.B.A, B.S.N., R.N.
404-371-3601 x 2156
CSD's Nurse Notes page:
Lead School Counselor & DHS Counseling Department Head
Dr. Kimberly Jones
404-370-4170 x 2144
Book an appointment:
Lead Social Worker
Dr. Melvin Ratcliff
404-370-4170 x 1036