Book Fair FAQs
What: Little Shop of Stories and Winnona Park Elementary School Book Fair
Who: All Winnona Park students, families and teachers
Monday, March 25th - Students visit the Book Fair with their class to make "wish lists." There will be no open check-out today.
Tuesday, March 26th - Students visit the Book Fair with their class to make "wish lists." There will be no open check-out today.
Book Fair opens for sales from 2:30 - 3:15 PM and from 5 - 6:30 PM which is just prior to PTA's "Peace and Pie" event.
Wednesday, March 27th - Open for sales: 7:30 AM - 3:15 PM
Thursday, March 28th – Open for sales: 7:30 AM – 3:15 PM
Friday, March 29th – Open for sales: 7:30 AM – 9 AM
Why: To shop local, purchase books for home and classrooms, and raise money for our library.
Where: The Winnona Park Media Center
Book Fair Week at Winnona Park
1. Teachers sign up for a time to bring their class to make a "wish list" of books on either Monday or Tuesday. Wish lists are for books students wish or hope they can get. Teachers also make "wish lists" so that families can choose to purchase books for the classroom.
2. For kindergarten and first grade, each student will be assigned a grown-up – a teacher or parent volunteer. The volunteer will ask for your name to put on the wish list. Then you will shop/browse. Bring one book at a time back to your person so they can put the title and price on the wish list. You will do this up to five times.
3. For second and third grade, each student gets a clipboard and one wish list to write their own titles. They should be sure to include the book’s name and cost. They can ask a teacher or volunteer to help writing, if needed.
4. The wish lists go home that same day so that students can discuss with family members which books they might purchase. Students may bring money to purchase books starting on Wednesday or families may shop together starting on Tuesday afternoon.
If students bring money to school to purchase books, they will need to go to the cafeteria or their classroom like they normally do in the morning. Students should not come to the Book Fair by themselves until after 8:15 AM. We like to wait until the majority of parents are gone so we can better help them.
5. We will special order books if we run out of titles. It usually takes a couple of weeks for the books to come in and will be distributed to students at that time.
6. The books are brand new books – they have not been read by anyone. While browsing, students are welcome to pick up the books carefully and to take a peek. They should not open the book all the way as that could break the spine and then it won’t be a new book anymore.
7. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by coming into the library, or via email - Ilene Zeff at email@example.com.