Dear CSD parents/guardians of students with disabilities under IDEA,
The Parent Satisfaction Survey helps Georgia to determine parents’ perception of the success of parent engagement between the local school and themselves. The information is gathered as a component of the State Performance Plan, Indicator 8: Percent of parents with a student receiving special education services who report that schools facilitated parent involvement as a means of improving results for children with disabilities. The data collected is reported in the Annual Performance Report and on the system profile about each system. Each state is required to conduct a parent survey collection process to measure parent/family needs and perceptions.
To complete the 2019 Survey, utilize this direct link:
- A limited number of paper surveys will be available and should be used to fill requests from parents.
- Paper surveys are not intended as an alternative distribution method for districts.
- To request a paper survey form, email Lisa Ward, Georgia Center for Assessment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Both the online survey and the paper survey forms are available in Spanish.
- If parents have problems with the online survey, they can submit a email@example.com or call 800-869-1011.
- Anyone with questions about the Parent Survey, contact Anne Ladd at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharon Jones at email@example.com.
The survey will close on May 31, 2019. Paper copies will be due to the Georgia Center for Assessment on or before May 31, 2019.
UPDATE: The Timely and Meaningful Consultation Meeting orginally scheduled for Wednesday, January 29, 2019 at 11am at the Elizabeth Wilson School Support Center (central office) has been rescheduled for 11am-12pm on Tuesday, March 5, 2019.