The School Leadership Team (SLT) is a vital component of our district’s charter. The charter states that parents, community members, and school staff will comprise each school’s SLT. The duties of the School Leadership Team shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Serve on interview teams
- Develop, approve, and monitor the continuous school improvement planning process
- Review assessment data and use it for decision-making purposes
- Assist with school accreditation and improvement reviews and assessments, such as AdvancEd (formerly known as SACS), and EL Education Credentialing.
- Review and approve changes to its bylaws; and
- Recommend school needs to the CSD Board of Education during the annual budget process.
- SLT members are elected to their positions except for appointed positions.
- Parents may attend to present an idea/concern at SLT work sessions.
- SLT meetings are open and stakeholders are welcome to attend (look for dates in the “Oakhurst Owl”).