Pre-K Registration Information
City Schools of Decatur 2019-2020 Pre-K Registration Information
Registration for families new to College Heights begins on February 1, 2019. The child must be four (4) years of age on September 1, 2019, to be eligible. Parents/Guardian must complete an online application prior to submitting supporting documents to College Heights Early Childhood Learning Center located at 917 S. McDonough. If you are in need of assistance to complete the enrollment form online, parents will have access to computers and staff at the City Schools of Decatur, School Support Center located at 125 Electric Avenue.
Step One: Parents/Guardians need to complete the online registration form --- Registration Link
Step Two: Parents/guardians need to bring the following documents to College Heights Early Childhood Learning Center on Mondays, Wednesdays or Thursdays during the month of February between the hours of 9:00 am-3:00 pm. Documents must be submitted by February 28th no later than 3:00 pm in order to be considered for the Pre-K lottery.
- Proof of Residency (lease, deed, payment/coupon book, property tax or settlement statement and a current utility bill)
- Birth Certificate (certified original)
- Immunization (Form 3231)
- Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition (Form 3300)
- Student’s Social Security Card
- Picture ID of guardian
Timeline for Pre-K registration and lottery process
- Registration: February 1 – 28, 2019
- Days: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- Where: College Heights Early Childhood Learning Center located at 917 S. McDonough
- Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm for the month of February
- Lottery: Electronic lottery will be conducted March 6, 2019
- Parent/Guardian of students on the wait list will be notified via a phone call on March 6.
- Parents/Guardians of students who are recipients of a Pre-K slot will receive a letter of confirmation via mail by March 22, 2019.
- Courtesy Staff: Complete the online application and submit documents during the month of March. The lottery will be conducted on Monday, April 8th and parents will be notified via email of waitlist status.
Pre-K After School Program
Parents who are new to College Heights and whose child has received a Pre-K slot for the 2019-2020 school year may register for the after school program (ASP) starting March 11th, 2019. ASP registration will be held at College Heights M - F from 8:30 am - 6:00 pm at the front desk. A $50.00 cash registration fee is needed at the time of registration. A lottery will be held on March 29th at 12:00 pm in the school library to fill all available slots.
Families currently enrolled in College Heights and Frasier Center Program
Registration packets for both Pre-K and After School Program will be sent home with your child on January 31, 2019. Please complete the forms and return to school with a $50.00 ASP registration fee (if needed) by 3:00 pm on February 28th in order to secure your child’s Pre-K/ASP slot for next year.