Click here to apply online.
All applications for certified and non-certified positions must be completed online. Electronic application files must be complete in order to be considered for positions in the City Schools of Decatur. In addition to submitting a completed application, the following items should be mailed (or in some cases they may be uploaded to your application directly) to the Staff Support Department:
- Transcripts * from all colleges/universities attended (they can be uploaded directly)
- Two completed City Schools of Decatur e-Reference Forms
- Copies of current Georgia or out of state Teaching Certificate(s) or PRAXIS II scores if applicable (can be uploaded)
Additional Application Information:
- Incomplete application files will be active for 90 days
- Complete application files will be active for 2 years unless you email us and ask us to inactivate your file
- Please remember to "attach" your application to the posting that interests you by "applying" for the job before you log out of your application
- Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded to your application or sent to the Human Resources department for employment consideration. If a job is offered, official transcripts must be requested by the new employee for your permanent record
- A minimum of two (2) e-references is required from your most recent supervisor/principal.
- While you may provide additional letters of reference or a placement file with your application, these alone will not satisfy the requirement of having at least two e-references returned directly from the reference sources.
- Substitute teachers are not required to be certified, but please complete the online certified application
- As of 2005 paraprofessionals must be certified to work in the City Schools of Decatur however, please complete the classified application
- For certification questions, please contact:
Georgia Professional Standards Commission
Two Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30303
Status Line: (404) 232-2510
PSC Website: www.gapsc.com
All applications for classified positions must be completed online. Please click the link at the top of the page to access our online application.
At the time of hiring, the City Schools of Decatur requires a criminal background check and fingerprinting on all new employees, including classified personnel and other designated employees. Effective July 1, 1994, an acceptable fingerprint record is required by law in accordance with the Official Code of Georgia, Code Section 20-2-11. You will be responsible for getting fingerprinted. An appointment will be arranged for you through the Human Resources department.