City Schools of Decatur (CSD) --offers a variety of options for the community to rent space for events. The District is allowing indoor and outdoor rentals. The renter will be asked to follow all CDC Guidelines.
The primary purpose of the school facilities of the City Schools of Decatur is to provide a setting in which to educate the students of the City Schools of Decatur. First priority for the use of school facilities therefore shall be given to the school’s curricular and extracurricular needs and other school-sponsored activities, as determined by the school Principal, Athletics Department, and Facilities and Maintenance Department. School-related support groups, such as PTSAs, PTOs, and booster clubs, shall have second priority.
The Board of Education also recognizes that school facilities represent a significant investment on the part of the District’s residents. The Board, therefore, encourages community use of school facilities when such use will not interfere with the District’s educational mission.
The operations department will process applications and administer requests for use of school facilities by outside organizations. Any use of school facilities by outside organizations must be consistent with the Board’s policies and administrative regulations, must not involve unlawful conduct, and must be acceptable to the school principal.
While the City of Decatur community--current families, alumni, teachers, staff, and the Board of Education--receives priority for using our facilities, we do offer the spaces to individuals and groups outside of the City of Decatur community.
Complete the form linked below to begin the rental process.
The purpose of this procedure is to establish the rules, conditions, and fees under which City Schools of Decatur facilities including grounds may be used in accordance with School Board Policy 2.9; 2.10.
- District facilities shall not be used for any use inconsistent with Board policy, administrative procedures, and State or Federal law.
- District facilities shall not be used for any activity which would damage school facilities or grounds beyond normal wear and tear or for any activity which would interfere with District activities or operations.
- All organizations are required to provide a current and valid Certificate of Liability Insurance must be turned in with the Facility Use Application to Operation Division for every scheduled event. Insurance requirements include: (a) commercial general liability insurance or public liability insurance with minimum coverage limits of $1,000,000 each occurrence; (b) liability insurance must cover property damage, personal injury (including medical expenses and wrongful death), and contractual liability; (c) Insurance certificate must name City Schools of Decatur Board of Education as an additional insured.
- CSD reserves the right to request additional insured policy endorsements from requesting organizations before granting final approval of any Facility Use Application.
- All individuals and organizations must submit a Release, Waiver, and Hold Harmless Agreement
- All organizations must be registered with the GA Secretary of State Business or within the state of their home office
- A copy of the security agreement (if applicable)
- Non-Profit organizations must have an IRS 501(c)3 Letter of Determination
- Please review the CSD COVID information at https://www.csdecatur.net/covid19
- All requests for using facilities must be submitted at least two weeks before the requested date of use. Once approval is given, a non-refundable deposit (25% of the rental fee) is required to confirm the reservation. Rental fees are due in full no later than two weeks prior to the rental date. All payments will be forfeited if the rental is canceled within ten days of the scheduled event.
- Outside groups are not permitted to use CSD computers, interactive panels, or other technology infrastructure. Each school can provide the guest Wi-Fi credentials, if necessary. All events will have a minimum charge billed for custodian services.
- Any addendum to this Agreement must be submitted in writing by the applicant with the original request for facility usage.
Contact the Chief Operating Officer or the Assistant Athletics Director for information regarding fees.
Rules and Requirements for Facility Use:
- No use of facilities may interfere with the programs of City Schools of Decatur.
- City Schools of Decatur is not responsible for any damage, personal or private, to any applicant or employee, agent, invitee, or licensee of the applicant, or for any damage to personal property brought onto CSD’s grounds.
- The applicant is responsible for the repair and/or replacement of anything damaged. This determination will be made by a representative of the City Schools of Decatur.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on any school system grounds or in any building.
- No vehicles are allowed on the athletic field, sidewalks, or any unpaved areas.
- A maximum of two events (games) may be played on the athletic field during a four-hour rental.
- Based on the event, the City Schools of Decatur will determine the number of workers needed for supervision.
- Security (police) must be provided at the expense of the applicant. Security is to be arranged through the Police Department, City of Decatur. A copy of the security agreement is to be submitted to the Chief Operating Officer email@example.com.
- Permission for all advertising materials, pamphlets, bulletins, or circulars of any such nature on school property of the City Schools of Decatur shall be cleared in writing by the Superintendent. A copy of said material shall be sent to the Superintendent for study before approval is given.
- The applicant shall not make any alterations to the premises nor affix any fixtures to the premises nor erect any signage of a permanent nature to the premises.
- No sound amplification equipment or speakers are permitted unless permission is granted by the City Schools of Decatur.
- All outdoor events on school grounds must end at sunset unless permission for a later ending time is granted by the City Schools of Decatur.
- The City of Decatur Police will be notified of outdoor events and will enforce all applicable ordinances.
- Applicants will comply with all federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, regulations, and all policies of the City Schools of Decatur.
- Violation of any of the aforementioned rules or any provision of the Facilities Use Agreement by the applicant shall entitle CSD to immediately terminate the Agreement and prohibit further use of the facilities by the applicant.
- All requests are subject to review before approval by the Chief Operating Officer or to the Assistant Athletics Director. City Schools of Decatur may reject a request based on the potential or the actual number of participants and facility capacity.
- School-related events, including but not limited to PTA meetings, and neighborhood association meetings will have building space available at no cost during the week provided the use is completed prior to 8:30 p.m. Priority for use will be given to collaboration with the City of Decatur.
- Invoices are generated after final approval
- Payments must be remitted upon invoice receipt - or venue rental will be denied.
- Payments should be submitted to the Operations office. Payment may also be mailed to:
Attn: Operations Office, Sergio Perez
123 Electric Ave.
Decatur, GA 30030