Our program was developed in accordance with Georgia Performance Standards for Modern Languages and World-Readiness Standards for Learning Language. By participating in this program through grades K-12, your child has the opportunity to become completely fluent in a second or even third language.
- The long-range goal of the program is to produce fluent users of Spanish by successfully articulating the program in grades K-12.
- Students receive instruction three days per week, thirty minutes for each class in Spanish.
- The lessons are taught 95% in Spanish.
- All instructors in the program are Spanish-speaking educators.
- Activities in the Spanish classroom mirror and support regular classroom instruction and expeditionary learning.
- The City Schools of Decatur program is notably strong in the areas of staff development, parent involvement, hands-on instruction, rich instructional materials and technology and curriculum integration.