To ensure the safety and confidentiality of students, the district limits visitors to:
Upon request, the principal at his/her discretion, grant permission for these visits. To minimize disruption to the instructional program, visits to classrooms or programs or requests to meet with specific personnel must comply with the following guidelines:
- The parents/guardians of current students
- Other family members of current students who are approved by the student's parent/guardian
- Those persons invited by the district for official business
- Outside service providers who currently provide private educational or therapy services to a student
- All visitors must sign-in at the school office and obtain written permission to visit any part of the school.
- Visits require notice at least 24 hours in advance and must be accompanied by an administrator.
- Parents/guardians may observe for up to 45 minutes during a classroom visitation; however, individuals who are invited by the District for official business may be granted extended time periods as necessary to perform their functions at the discretion of the district.
- Classroom visitations are not a time for parent-teacher conferences and parents/guardians. Teachers and staff will not be available to conference as part of the observation.
- Parents may not bring minor children to observe in the classroom as this disrupts the school program.
- The regular school program must continue during such visits so parents/guardians must refrain from engaging the attention of the teacher or students through conversation or other means.
- The principal at his/her discretion accompanies the observer or assign another CSD employee to that task.
***From the CSD Pupil Progression Plan